Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Disappointment

I ran into some disappointment only days after my last post so I decided to step away until the end of the year. I had learned that I was banned, without any mention, from a Facebook group. It knocked the wind out of me to say the least. I try to treat others with kindness and empathy, so the experience was hurtful to me. I had put myself out there and participated, which isn't at all easy for me since I'm an introvert and am wary of vulnerability. I still don't know what happened and truly don't think I did anything wrong. It had to be a misunderstanding, but the group administrator never would reply to my private messages. It's as though I don't matter.  Well, all I can do is take a deep breath, take two steps back and one step forward.



UPDATE March 2014: Funny thing, I was talking with a friend on an unrelated topic and I mentioned that I had been removed from this other FB group. Come to find out, he became an administrator of that group earlier this year and was surprised that I had been removed. No one seems to know why it happened. So, we chalked it up to some mysterious mistake and I'm once again a member.  Two steps forward!

No comments:

Post a Comment